Back Pain (whether short term or long term) can be a massive disruption to your daily life and it is a common problem that we treat here at the clinic.
So here are our tip tips of how to help prevent pain in your back
- Make sure your maintaining a good posture. This is particularly important if you are sat a desk the majority of the time.
- If you ate lifting (whether it’s heavy or not) make sure to bend with your knees.
- Stretch daily especially if you are sitting for long periods.
- Keep the body moving and try and do at least 1 form of exercise (even if just a short walk) where you can at least 3 times a week.
- Try to reduce stress- did you know that stress can cause tension in your back muscles?
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Try and sleep on your side to ease pressure on your back. Make sure you have a good mattress that has a good level of support.