We have made many changes in the clinic to help protect us all from catching Covid-19. We are now able to treat all patients, apart from those people who have been asked to shield. We offer TeleHealth consultations and face to face appointments with our Osteopaths if deemed necessary.
NEW MEASURES IN PLACE TO HELP PREVENT INFECTION
|1. We have taken advice re appropriate PPE for our therapists and infection control measures for the clinic and put these in to place.
2. Patients will be triaged prior to any appointment to make sure it is safe to treat and we will ask you to complete a form via email the day before your appointment.
3. We have hand sanitiser for you to use when you arrive, plus we also have a contactless thermometer to record temperatures – for patients and therapists alike!!
4. We have removed couch covers and have plastic covers for our pillows. We are limiting the use of towels so please feel free to bring your own if they make you feel more comfortable when having a treatment.
5. We are allowing 20 mins between each appointment, in order to sanitise the clinic rooms. This change will be challenging when there are eventually two therapists working at the same time so please bear with us, as we may need to alter your appointments slightly. We will also ask you not to turn up early for your appointment to avoid more than one patient being in the waiting room at any time. In addition, please avoid bringing family and friends, unless acting as a chaperone.
6. For the time being, our lovely receptionists will not be manning the desk. As much as we all love to chat, our therapists will need to book your appointment and take payment as quickly as possible in order to get the room ready for the next patient so we will sadly have to miss out on our much loved clinic chin wags! Our receptionists are missing you just as much as we are!
7. Please wear a face mask when you come to clinic as there may be other people in the reception area, eg, another patient or therapist arranging further appointments/payment.
I hope you won’t find these changes too daunting as our aim is to reassure you that we want to keep all of us safe and healthy, as well as continuing to provide our normal high standard of care.
DESPITE ALL OF THESE MEASURES, DUE TO CLOSE CONTACT DURING TREATMENT SESSIONS, THIS DOES INCREASE THE RISK OF ANY VIRUS TRANSMISSION